Saudi Gazette – SABIC was honored for its contributions to the health sector at the closing ceremony of the National Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness in Riyadh on Tuesday. The campaign was organized by the Ministry of Health under the auspices of Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al-Falih, minister of health.

At the ceremony, Dr. Abdulaziz Bin Saeed, undersecretary, public health, Ministry of Health, presented a plaque to Yaarob A. Al-Thenayan, director, SABIC Global CSR, Corporate Communications in appreciation of the company’s support.

The function was attended by senior officials from the Ministry of Health, SABIC executives, representatives from the directorates of Health Affairs and the Zahra Breast Cancer Association.

Speaking at the function about SABIC’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, Al-Thenayan said that the company’s support for the National Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness was part of its CSR strategy which it has adopted to meet its national obligations and serve society.

In this context, SABIC has an agreement with the Zahra Breast Cancer Association to support the purchase of equipment worth more than SR24 million for five mobile clinics for early detection of breast cancer.

On SABIC’s support to the health sector, Al-Thenayan pointed out that the company has adopted a number of projects and programs in various health areas. They include the National Project for the Prevention of Drugs (NIBRAS), the establishment of a psychiatric health and addiction treatment hospital in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the establishment of an autism research center at the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center in Riyadh, support for the National Survey of Health and Life Pressures project, the SABIC scholarship program for children with disabilities, support for the Autism Families Society, and several other programs and initiatives through which SABIC serves the local community.

Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) ranks as the world’s second largest diversified chemical company. The company is among the world’s market leaders in the production of polyethylene, polypropylene and other advanced thermoplastics, glycols, methanol and fertilizers. mSABIC recorded a net profit of SR 23.3 billion ($6.2 billion) in 2014. Sales revenues for 2014 totaled SR188.1 billion ($50.2 billion). Total assets stood at SR340 billion ($90.7 billion) at the end of 2014.

SABIC’s businesses are grouped into chemicals, polymers, fertilizers, metals and innovative plastics. It has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia and North East Asia. The company operates in more than 50 countries across the world with around 40,000 employees worldwide. SABIC manufactures on a global scale in Saudi Arabia, the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.

Headquartered in Riyadh, SABIC was founded in 1976 when the Saudi Arabian government decided to use the hydrocarbon gases associated with its oil production as the principal feedstock for production of chemicals, polymers and fertilizers. The Saudi Arabian government owns 70 percent of SABIC shares with the remaining 30 percent publically traded on the Saudi stock exchange.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here